Dover Personal Injury Lawyer
When you are injured, you may be able to recover your financial losses from a party if they are found to be negligent, reckless, or have committed an intentional wrongful act. Typically, this recovery comes from an insurance policy settlement, but in some cases, the case may proceed to a lawsuit or trial.
When you find yourself in this situation, choosing an attorney to fight for the compensation to which you may be entitled is one of the most important decisions to make. Making the right choice increases your chances of obtaining compensation, and it also allows you to focus on your own recovery.
Call 813-774-3341 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer near you.
How can I afford a personal injury lawyer?
At Darrigo & Diaz, our attorneys have advocated for victims of wrongdoing and illegal conduct for over 20 years. We know how to successfully navigate complex cases against some of the largest companies in Dover, Tampa, and the state of Florida. We put that experience, along with our extensive resources, to work for your case.
These services come at no risk to you because our attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means there are no upfront legal costs, and you only pay if you’re able to receive a settlement or court award. We offer free case consultations to all potential clients, and we charge zero fees unless we win your case.
What types of cases do personal injury lawyers handle?
At Darrigo & Diaz, our attorneys represent individuals who have been wrongfully injured in an accident or incident. While we handle all types of personal injury claims, ranging from minor to catastrophic, the following are the most common accident cases we see:
- Car Accidents – Car accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. These accidents can be minor fender-benders or devastating collisions.
- Truck Accidents – Truck accidents tend to be very serious because they involve greater impact. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, we strongly encourage you to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents are often severe because of the lack of protection that bikes provide when struck by motor vehicles. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need a skilled motorcycle accident attorney who knows the nuances and complexities of bike injuries.
- Slip and Falls – Slip and falls can happen at residences, such as homes or apartment buildings, at businesses, such as grocery stores or convenience stores, or county-owned areas, such as sidewalks or parks.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits – One of the most traumatic experiences in life is losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence. Our attorneys will do everything in their power to help your family physically, emotionally, and financially during this time.
What are the top causes of car accidents in Dover, Florida?
Car accidents are among the most common personal injury scenarios seen in claims and in court.
While a wide range of circumstances can lead to a car accident, some are more common than others. These are some of the top causes of car accidents both regionally and nationally:
- Speeding: Speeding is a form of reckless driving and contributes to thousands of automobile accidents every year. Driving faster than the legal speed limit is a form of negligence.
- Driving while intoxicated: Driving while intoxicated or impaired affects an individual’s reasoning abilities and response time. Drunk driving represents a serious hazard, and these accidents tend to be devastating both medically and financially.
- Poor weather conditions: Poor weather conditions are not unusual in Dover — especially during the rainy summer months. Slick roads, high winds, and poor visibility can make local roadways treacherous.
- Unsafe driving practices: Unsafe driving practices go beyond speeding. Passing on curves and in areas where there are double yellow lines, failing to yield, over correcting, and tailgating are among the top contributing factors to deadly car crashes in our city.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is becoming a frequent cause of car accidents in Dover and across the state. Whether texting, setting the navigation system, or selecting music, looking away from the road for even a moment can have disastrous results.
How much is my personal injury claim worth?
Without speaking to an experienced personal injury attorney, it is impossible to determine the value of your claim. Every case is different.
However, under Florida law, when you have been wrongfully injured due to someone else’s negligence, you can receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Dover, Florida?
If you have been injured in an accident in Dover, Florida, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim.
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, you only have 4 years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. If you lost a family member or loved on in an accident, you only have 2 years from the date of the incident to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Therefore, time is of the essence when it comes to filing a personal injury claim.
If you have been wrongfully injured in an accident that was not your fault, or if you have lost a family member or loved one due to someone else’s negligence, contact an experienced wrongful death attorney team immediately.
What advantages can the personal injury attorneys at Darrigo & Diaz offer?
Since 1999, Darrigo & Diaz has helped thousands of injured victims and their families recover from serious accidents in the greater Tampa Bay area. We have the expertise and experience you need to take on insurance companies in the courtroom. We understand how serious accidents can upend your life and have long-term consequences.
Here are just a few of the reasons why we come highly recommended to our clients:
- We have over 200 years of collective legal experience, making us one of the most experienced and established law firms in our region.
- We are esteemed members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, demonstrating our capability to never back down from a fight.
- We have obtained over $200 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients and their families.
- We assign dedicated legal teams to each of our clients so you will work directly with an attorney, your calls will always be answered, and you will remain informed every step of the way.
- We are available 24/7.
- Se Habla Español
- You will not have to pay for anything unless we win your case.
Contact a Dover personal injury lawyer today
Call 813-774-3341 for a free consultation
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Dover accident, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Darrigo & Diaz for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how we can help.
We understand how challenging and emotionally taxing serious accidents can be. That’s why we pride ourselves on treating you with the utmost care, patience, and sensitivity. Our compassionate approach to accident law can help make the process easier to bear for you and your family. We provide a safe, confidential atmosphere that can help you find the fresh start you deserve.
And, if you prefer to not come into our office, you don’t have to! We offer potential and existing clients the option to meet with us online through their preferred method of communication. Call 813-774-3341 to learn more and to schedule your free, no-obligation case review today.