Gibsonton Personal Injury Lawyers
Historically, Gibsonton is known for being a winter home to traveling sideshows. At one time, bearded ladies, mermaids, and carnival workers called this little hamlet home during their tours. Today, the town, sometimes referred to as Gibtown, is the location of Showmen’s Museum and Manatee Viewing Center. It’s a cool city with an interesting past and as great a place to live as it is to visit.
As fun a place as Gibsonton is, it isn’t without its share of accidents. If you experience injury in Gibsonton because of someone’s negligence, Hillsborough County personal injury attorneys Darrigo & Diaz are ready to fight for your rights. It’s not unusual for injury accidents to lead to personal financial crises. Hospital stays and medical treatments are expensive. Time off of work means no paycheck. We don’t believe that personal injury victims should experience hardship. You can trust that we will be by your side, working to recover the damages you are entitled to under Florida law.
When you are injured in an accident in Hillsborough County, one of your first calls should be to Darrigo & Diaz at (813) 774-3341. You can also contact our team online at your convenience. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain because we work on a contingency basis — it costs absolutely nothing to speak with a member of our team for sound legal advice.
Representing Personal Injury Victims in Gibsonton After Their Accident
Darrigo & Diaz can handle any case where an injury has been caused by someone’s negligence, wrongdoing, or intentional acts. Past case types in our successful track record include:
- Car accidents • Catastrophic injury • Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents • Wrongful death • Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents • Traumatic brain injury • Construction accidents
- Bus accidents • Cruise ship accidents • Dangerous drugs
- Motorcycle accidents • Dog bites • Drunk driving accidents
- Nursing home abuse • Negligent security • Mass tort, class action suits
- Pedestrian accidents • Defective products • Spinal cord injury
- Swimming pool accidents • Work injuries • Hurricane damage claims
Accident Victims Have Rights in Gibsonton
When you cross a street, you expect to do so safely. When you get on a bus, you believe you will be delivered to your destination without harm. Using a product in accordance with its directions shouldn’t lead to injury. Unfortunately, these types of accidents occur every day to thousands of people.
From vehicle collisions to dog bites, swimming pool accidents to slip and falls, Darrigo & Diaz is here to defend your rights.
If you suffer an injury due to someone’s negligence in Florida, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a claim. There are exceptions that could alter the statute of limitations, such as an injury not being immediately recognized. If you do not file a claim within the statute of limitations, it is highly likely that the court with jurisdiction will refuse to hear the case.
There are several nuances to personal injury law in Florida that are important to note.
Florida Laws to Know About
- Comparative negligence — Florida law states that if you have any part in the accident for which you are filing a claim, your award can be reduced by the percentage of your involvement. For example, you are found to be 25% at fault for a vehicle collision and are awarded $100,000, your award will be reduced to $75,000.
- No-Fault car insurance — Regardless of fault in a car accident, your insurance policy will cover medical expenses and lost income. You can file a liability claim against the other driver if your accident resulted in “serious” bodily injury.
- Strict liability for dog bites — If you were bitten by someone’s dog and were lawfully on their property (or the dog was off its owner’s property), the owner is held responsible regardless of the dog’s bite history.
You Need An Experienced Advocate In Your Corner
You are well within your rights to file a personal injury claim independently. Even if you have personal legal experience, it’s never recommended that you overlook the option of hiring an attorney. An experienced legal advocate from Darrigo & Diaz understands the finest details of personal injury law. We know how to prove your case, and based on past successful cases we know what it takes to retrieve the maximum amount of damages available to you and your family.
We understand that many people believe that hiring a lawyer is an expense they can’t take on. Because we don’t think that expert legal services should be unaffordable to anyone, we work on a contingency basis. This means that we take our payment from your settlement or award. In other words, you don’t pay a dime unless or until your case reaches a successful conclusion!
Hiring a personal injury lawyer after your Gibsonton accident is a necessity. Your chances of receiving the maximum amount of compensation available are exponentially greater when you have an attorney fighting by your side.
Darrigo & Diaz Is Ready for the Fight
Insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. The at-fault party may not be prepared to compensate you. As the victim of someone’s negligence, you should not have to face financial difficulty. You should never have to choose between paying medical bills and putting food on the table.
The legal team at Darrigo & Diaz is ready to fight the insurance company for you. If necessary, we will take your case all the way to court.
We know you may be overwhelmed right now. We understand that you may feel as if you have nowhere to turn. We are here for you. Your personal injury attorney will work diligently to ensure the best possible outcome for your unique case. Call our office today at (813) 774-3341 or contact us online to schedule your free case evaluation.