Carrollwood Personal Injury Lawyers
A serious accident, injury, or loss will alter your life in innumerable ways. From the physical pain of your injuries to the financial challenges you now face as a result of mounting medical bills and lost earnings, the future may seem bleak. But it doesn’t have to be. The Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Darrigo & Diaz can help you hold the at-fault party accountable, obtain compensation, and move forward.
Led by Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney Nadine Diaz, our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers have helped thousands of individuals recover from serious, life-altering accidents in the greater Tampa Bay community. We fight for our clients, ensuring you have the physical, emotional, and financial support you need to heal and recover. Call us today at 813-774-3341 for a free consultation to learn more.
What types of cases do the Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Darrigo & Diaz handle?
The Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Darrigo & Diaz are prepared to serve our clients anytime and anywhere. We will help you and your family recover physically, emotionally, and financially. Our experienced attorneys have a proven track record for obtaining the highest possible settlement for accident victims, whether the incident was minor or catastrophic. Our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers can help you file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including the following:
- Car Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If you have been injured in an accident in Carrollwood that you did not cause, contact our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers immediately at 813-774-3341 for a free case evaluation.
What should I do after being injured in Carrollwood?
If you have been injured in Carrollwood due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to file a personal injury claim and seek compensations. However, it’s important to know what to do immediately following an accident to improve your chance of successfully winning your lawsuit.
- Seek medical attention – Your first priority should always be medical care. If you suffered any type of injury, even if it seems mild at first, we strongly advise you to see a doctor. Some injuries may not show any noticeable symptoms for a few days and allowing an injury to go untreated for too long can cause serious medical problems.
Additionally, delaying seeking medical care can injure your credibility in a lawsuit or in an insurance claim. A claims adjuster or jury will assume that if you did not feel the need to seek medical attention immediately after your accident, your injuries probably aren’t as bad as you claim. Seek immediate care and secure a copy of your medical report from your doctor.
- Get contact information – if your accident in Carrollwood occurred where there were witnesses, try to get the contact information of those individuals. For example, if you fell down broken stairs at an apartment building, and a resident saw the incident, see if you can get their name and/or number.
- Obtain a police report – if you were injured in a car accident in Carrollwood, you will need a copy of the police report. Under Florida law, you’re required to report an accident immediately to the Florida Highway Patrol or police if any of the following occurs: (1) death or injury, (2) a hit and run accident, (3) an accident caused by an intoxicated driver, or (4) an accident that results in property damage of over $500.
- Speak with an attorney – Although it is not required for you to hire an attorney to file a persona injury or insurance claim in Florida, we strongly advise you speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. Many injury attorneys offer free consultations where they will review your case and help you understand your legal options. At Darrigo & Diaz, we offer free, no-obligation case evaluations to all potential clients. Please call 813-774-3341 to schedule yours.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Carrollwood?
In the state of Florida, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim. If you were injured in a car accident, you have only 4 years from the date of the accident to file your claim. If you are a family member who lost a loved one in a fatal accident, you only have 2 years from the date of the accident to file your claim. These time frames may seem long, but if you wait for months or years to file your personal injury claim, there is a good chance that you will not receive the full benefits that you would originally be entitled to.
For anyone injured in an accident in Carrollwood, we advise you to contact our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers immediately. The sooner you contact us, the faster you can recover and get the compensation you need.
What can I be compensated for in a personal injury case?
Under Florida law, you can be financially compensated for most losses that you incurred because of an injury. With the help of our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers, you may be able to receive compensation for past and future:
- Medical expenses – hospital stays, surgeries, treatments, prescriptions, and physical therapy
- Lost wages – lost income lost, reduced hours or wages, job loss, unemployment
- Property damage – vehicle repairs or replacement, damaged personal items, like laptop or TV that may have been in the vehicle at the time of the accident
- Mental and emotional distress – stress, anxiety, PTSD
- Physical pain and suffering – discomfort, disfigurement, loss of quality of life
The best way to determine what kind of compensation you can receive in your accident case is to contact our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers. We will review your case free of charge. Contact us here to learn more.
Why should I hire the Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Darrigo & Diaz?
Since 1999, Darrigo & Diaz has helped thousands of injured victims and their families recover from serious accidents in the greater Tampa Bay area. We are experienced, aggressive, and compassionate. When you decide to hire our firm, you make a statement to the opposing at-fault party and their insurance company that you are serious about holding them accountable. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should hire the Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Darrgio & Diaz:
- We have over 200 years of collective legal experience, making us one of the most experienced and established law firms in Carrollwood, Florida.
- We are esteemed members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, demonstrating our capability to never back down from a fight.
- We have obtained over $200 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients and their families.
- We assign dedicated legal teams to each of our clients so you will work directly with an attorney, your calls will always be answered, and you will remain informed every step of the way.
- We are available 24/7.
- Se habla Español
- You will not have to pay for anything, unless we win your case.
Contact a Carrollwood personal injury lawyer today
Call 813-774-3341 for a free consultation
If you or someone you know has been injured in Carrollwood accident, contact the experienced Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Darrigo & Diaz for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how we can help.
We understand the short-term and long-term effects of being involved in a serious accident. We will do everything we can to help you recover physically, emotionally, and financially. Whether you were injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, slip and fall, workplace incident, or you are a family member who lost a loved one in a wrongful death accident, contact our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers immediately. The sooner you call us, the faster we can step in and take away your legal and financial stress.
And, if you prefer to not come into our office, you don’t have to! As Tampa’s e-firm, we offer potential and existing clients the option to meet with us and hire us electronically. Call 813-774-3341 to learn more.