Egypt Lake-Leto Personal Injury Lawyers
Everyone needs the help of professionals from time to time. You’d call a plumber when your pipes burst, so you should consider talking to a lawyer if you are hurt and aren’t sure where to turn to in order to get the money you need to recover. The law firm of Darrigo & Diaz is here to help you if you’ve experienced a personal injury in the Egypt Lake-Leto area. We’ve been serving Tampa and the surrounding areas for 20 years, bringing all our know-how and resources to help our clients get the compensation they need.
Whether it’s because of a car accident, a boating accident, or injuries caused by negligence on a cruise ship, our staff of over 20 lawyers, legal assistants, and paralegals have over 200 years of cumulative experience to bring to the table. We won’t take a case unless we’re sure of a solid legal foundation, and we don’t see a dime unless you win a payout. Even our initial consultations are free, so don’t wait. If you need legal assistance in Egypt Lake-Leto, call Darrigo & Diaz at (813) 774-3341 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Representing Personal Injury Victims in Egypt Lake-Leto After Their Accident
Darrigo & Diaz can handle any case where an injury has been caused by someone’s negligence, wrongdoing, or intentional acts. Past case types in our successful track record include:
- Car accidents • Catastrophic injury • Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents • Wrongful death • Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents • Traumatic brain injury • Construction accidents
- Bus accidents • Cruise ship accidents • Dangerous drugs
- Motorcycle accidents • Dog bites • Drunk driving accidents
- Nursing home abuse • Negligent security • Mass tort, class action suits
- Pedestrian accidents • Defective products • Spinal cord injury
- Swimming pool accidents • Work injuries • Hurricane damage claims
Legal Advocates for Egypt Lake-Leto Injury Victims
A blue-collar, working-class-style suburb, the Egypt Lake-Leto area represents the promise of Hillsborough County. Located on the edge of Metro Tampa less than 20 minutes from the Hillsborough County Courthouse, the unincorporated census-designated area numbered just over 37,000 residents in the 2020 Census. Housing is affordable, with the average price just over $125,000, with rental prices less than a thousand dollars.
Just north of Tampa International Airport, Egypt Lake-Leto has a large and growing Puerto Rican population, acting as a link between communities in Florida and the U.S. territory. The area boasts several outstanding restaurants and the ever-popular food trucks specializing in Puerto Rican cuisine.
Whatever walk of life you are from in the Egypt Lake-Leto area, you deserve someone who will fight for your right to obtain compensation after an injury caused by negligence. Darrigo & Diaz provides clients with seasoned legal representation in order to preserve their rights and fight for the compensation they need. Your first consultation is always free, and our contingency arrangements mean you don’t owe us anything unless we are able to recover compensation for you. We handle work and construction accident cases, and we aren’t afraid to stand up to big insurers and big businesses in order to pursue your claim.
What Is Needed To Win My Personal Injury Case in Egypt Lake-Leto
Filling a personal injury complaint is a complicated process, and winning a court case against insurance company lawyers or another party is an even bigger challenge. To do so successfully often requires lawyers with the experience and knowledge like the ones at Darrigo & Diaz.
In most personal injury cases, an attorney has to be prepared to prove negligence by the other party, be it an individual or a business. Proving negligence requires four steps:
- The plaintiff must prove the other party had a duty to reasonably protect others from harm or unreasonable risk, legally known as “duty of care.”.
- The plaintiff must prove the other party did not uphold that duty.
- The plaintiff must prove that they were injured due to the plaintiff’s failure of duty.
- The plaintiff must prove the damages they have suffered as a result of their injury.
If all four of these points are proven, the client has a case of negligence by the other party. However, proving negligence and responsibility for that negligence is probably the most difficult aspect of a case. Sometimes cases are proven by something called “negligence per se.” This happens when:
- The defendant violates laws intended to protect the public, such as driving faster than the speed limit.
- The defendant’s actions are so far beyond what society considers “reasonable behavior” that their actions are considered negligent on its face.
Finally, Florida is a “pure comparative negligence” state. This means that the court considers the possibility that responsibility and negligence may be shared among multiple parties. Compensation is then assigned according to the proportion of assigned fault. For example, if you were hit by a car making an illegal turn while you were speeding, the court may find you and the defendant negligent. The difference in the percentage of fault decides the compensation. Even if the court finds you 99% negligent, you can still sue for that one percent of compensation.
Don’t Guess About Your Legal Options, Be Sure. Call Darrigo & Diaz Today
If all this seems complicated, it’s because it is. That’s why the law offices of Darrigo & Diaz are here to give you a hand so you can concentrate on the important things, like healing from your injuries and moving on with your life. Give us a call at (813) 774-3341 or contact us online for a free, no-obligation consultation today to get the ball rolling.