CAR ACCIDENT Lawyer in Tampa
Injured in an Auto Accident? Take Action Now.
Whether you live in the area or are here for vacation, being in a car wreck in Tampa can, at the very least, ruin your day and at worst, lead to devastating injuries and property damage. If you’re injured in a wreck, it’s important that you know you have legal options. At Darrigo & Diaz, our car accident attorneys are always here to help you.
Our lawyers have decades of combined experience representing victims of car wrecks. After a collision, you may suffer serious injuries that require a lot of medical treatment and may leave you unable to work. In addition, you may have non-physical injuries like pain and suffering or mental anguish. We can help you get the compensation you deserve. To speak with an auto accident lawyer in Tampa, FL, call us today at (813) 774-3341 or contact us online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
After an accident, Darrigo & Diaz should be your first call. Here’s why:
- We have recovered millions of dollars for accident victims
- Lead Attorney Nadine Diaz is a board-certified civil trial expert
- Offering 24-hour services, we’re available to clients around the clock
- We accept cases on a contingency fee basis – no recovery, no fee
Contact Darrigo & Diaz today for your FREE initial consultation: (813) 774-3341.
How Much Is Your Case Worth?
When you contact a car accident lawyer in Tampa, determining how much compensation you are owed is likely to be the question at the forefront of your mind. However, it’s virtually impossible for our attorneys to say with any certainty how much your case is worth before your consultation.
During your consultation, we will review all of the available details and evidence of your case. We will also consult with medical, law enforcement and other experts to determine how much compensation you may be entitled to. Compensation may include economic and noneconomic damages, such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
And more. However, Florida law demands that every driver registered within the state carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. PIP can have a drastic effect on the amount of money you can recover after your car wreck.
Results We Have Achieved for Past Clients
- $21.6 million – our clients is confined to a wheelchair as a result of her accident
- $7.75 million – our client sustained a brain injury in a T-bone car accident
- $2 million – our client was in a coma for 15 days after being hit by another driver
- $1.35 million – our client suffered aggravated disc herniation after an accident
- $1.3 million – our client, a police officer, was hit by a car while directing traffic
- $1.3 million – our client was rear-ended by a car dealership employee
How PIP Affects Your Car Accident Case
If you are a driver registered in Florida, you must carry no-fault car insurance. This policy will cover your medical bills and some other expenses after your car accident, even if you caused the collision. PIP was instituted to help drivers get the medical treatment they need quickly, while also reducing the number of personal injury cases that the courts must handle.
However, you will likely be left with some expenses. In Florida, PIP only covers 80 percent of your medical costs, up to $10,000. In non-emergency cases, PIP is capped at $2,500. Hopefully, the rest of your medical costs will be covered by your own healthcare insurance. However, if your insurance policy will not cover your expenses (or you’re uninsured), you’ll be on the hook for the rest of your medical costs.
- Total or partial paralysis
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Permanent scarring
Every case is unique. An experienced car accident lawyer in Tampa, FL can evaluate your case to help you determine if you qualify for additional compensation beyond what’s provided by PIP.
How We Build a Strong Case On Your Behalf
If our Tampa car accident lawyers decide to take on your case, we will immediately begin gathering evidence to show that you are entitled to compensation. Our goal is to get you the compensation you deserve through negotiations with the insurance company outside of court because doing so is generally quicker than a court case. However, if we need to, we will take your case to court and fight for your rights.
We will build your case by:
- Reviewing the police report made after your case and making edits, if necessary
- Obtaining a record of the 9-1-1 call that was made after the collision
- Evaluating your medical history, including any treatment given after the wreck
- Speaking to witnesses regarding the wreck
- Employing the help of a car accident reconstructionist to determine exactly what happened
- Speaking to psychologists and other experts to determine what non-physical damages you suffered
These are just the first steps we’ll take in building your case. Because every case is unique, there are countless other types of evidence we may gather and strategies we might use to improve your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Tampa
Car accidents are a daily occurrence on the streets of Tampa and the surrounding area. They can happen for a number of reasons. However, some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving, especially texting and driving
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Improper lane changes
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Reckless driving
No matter the cause, if you were injured in a car wreck that wasn’t your fault, you have legal options. A Tampa car accident lawyer can review your case and determine if you are entitled to compensation.
Speak to an Auto Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL Today
Here is what one client had to say about our company’s services:
“Everything was great! I was really satisfied with my legal assistant and lawyer. There was never an instance when they weren’t concerned about my needs. I would definitely like to recommend D&D to my friends and family.”
At Darrigo & Diaz, our car accident attorneys are always here to help you. We are intimately familiar with local and state court systems, and know what it takes to win your case. If you have been injured in a car wreck, let us fight for your right to compensation.
Call us today at (813) 774-3341 or contact us online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Take the first step toward compensation when you pick up the phone and contact our office.