Tampa Electrocution Accident Injury Attorney
Protecting the Rights of the Injured
Construction sites are often inherently hazardous places, full of dangerous electronically powered tools and exposed wiring. Given the plethora of high-risk scenarios construction sites present, it is no wonder that electrocution accidents are so prevalent in this industry, especially when employers fail to enforce proper safety measures or provide employees with the appropriate safety gear that is required of such work. If you were injured as a result of an electrocution accident in Tampa, the personal injury team at Darrigo & Diaz, Attorneys at Law will closely examine the facts of your case and secure the compensation you need and deserve to get back on your feet.
For the fierce legal representation that can make a difference in your case, call the team at Darrigo & Diaz, Attorneys at Law at (813) 774-3341 to schedule your free initial case evaluation!
What are the Causes of Electrocutions at Construction Sites?
There are a lot of potential dangers at a construction site that can possibly cause an electrocution accident. Below are some of the most common ones:
- Ungrounded wires
- Overhead power lines
- Damaged or defective equipment
- Poor lighting in construction areas
- Extension cords
Additionally, the injuries caused by electrocutions can also vary, depending on the strength of the voltage of the piece of equipment that caused the injury. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), there are four types of injuries caused by electrocutions, which include:
- Electric shock
- Falls caused by electric shock
- Fatal electrocution
The Effects of an Electrocution Injury
Electrocution injuries are serious and, even when they are not fatal, the effects of them can cause some severe damage and lingering symptoms. Below are some of the effects that can happen as a result of sustaining an electrocution injury:
- Burns: Electric shock can cause superficial burns to the surface of the skin, but if the voltage is particularly high, it can also lead to organ burns and affect the heart. Treating these types of internal burns can be difficult and the healing process tends to be slow and difficult.
- Neurological effects: Suffering an electrocution injury can also inflict neurological damage, particularly on the heart and lungs. If the current were to move near the person’s head, he or she would quickly lose consciousness.
- Effects on the chest: Even with a small current of 50 or 60 Hz, one could experience ventricular fibrillation and, if it is not treated immediately, it could be lethal and stop the heart muscles from moving.
Were You Injured in an Electrocution Accident? Call Our Firm Today!
If you suffered an electrocution injury on a construction site, you need a Tampa personal injury attorney to provide skilled legal representation and ensure you receive the compensation to which you are entitled. At Darrigo & Diaz, Attorneys at Law, our legal team has the experience and knowledge to handle your case and achieve the favorable results you seek.
Get started on your case and call our office today at (813) 774-3341 to schedule your free initial case review.