14 Apr 2021
LATEST VEHICLES UNDER SAFETY RECALL (Jan-Mar 2021)
Posted By Darrigo & Diaz
Over 7.5 million Hondas, Kias, Chevys and Nissans are currently under recall for potentially deadly defects.
Within the first 3 months of 2021, there have been major vehicle safety recalls. From faulty fuel pumps and seat belts to issues with power steering and potential fire hazards, over 7.5 million vehicles are affected.
Vehicle recalls should be taken seriously. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and/or auto manufacturers issue recalls when a vehicle or its equipment, such as airbags, tires, or even car seats, pose a safety risk or do not meet motor vehicle safety standards. Operating a vehicle under a known recall is dangerous and can lead to serious injury or death.
Here we share the latest vehicles under recall from January 2021 – March 2021. We also share what to do if your vehicle has been recalled, how to stay up-to-date on the latest recalls from the NHTSA, and what to do if you are injured in an accident caused by a vehicle under recall.
Top vehicle recalls from January 2021 – March 2021
Below is a list of the top vehicle recalls from January 2021 – March 2021; however, there are dozens of other cars, SUVs, and trucks currently under recall. If you don’t see your vehicle on this list, we strongly encourage you to go to the NHSTA official recall website to look up your specific make and model.
• 2019-2020 Honda Accord, Civic, Fit, HR-V, Odyssey, and Pilot – More than 750,000 Honda vehicles are being recalled for faulty fuel pumps that can fail and lead to stalling engines. Owners of these vehicles can get these fuel pumps replaced free of charge. Click here to learn more about the recall.
• 2017-2021 Kia Sportage and Cadenza – Nearly 380,000 Kia Sportages and Cadenzas are being recalled for an electrical circuit that could cause a fire in the engine compartment. Kia is advising owners to park outside and away from structures as a precaution until the recall repair is complete. Click here to learn more about the recall.
• 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon – Over 60,000 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks are being recalled for a defective part within the power steering assembly that could cause the trucks’ power steering to stop working. If the power steering fails while the vehicle is in motion, the driver may suddenly need to exert more effort to steer the vehicle, which increases the risk of a crash. Click here to learn more about the recall.
• 2018-2021 Nissan Altima and Titan – About 128,000 Nissan Altima cars and Titan trucks are being recalled because the tires may rupture while driving. Click here to learn more about the recall.
• 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe Suburban, Cadillac Escadale, and GMC Yukon – GM is issuing a second recall for faulty seatbelts in less than 3 months. The automotive safety recall covers the entire 2021 GM full-size SUV lineup and involves the backseat outboard seat belts. They could break during an accident, increasing the risk of injuries. Click here to learn more about the recall.
Child Car Seat Recall
Parents and guardians are being alerted to a consumer alert involving a child car seat. Diono is recalling certain Cambria 2 Booster Seats with model numbers: 31200-US-01, 31201-US-01, and 31202-US-01. The company said in the event of a crash, the headrest and backrest can crack, causing a separation. Learn more about the recall here.
Find out if your vehicle is under recall
Regardless of whether or not your vehicle is included in the above list, we encourage all vehicle owners to do the following:
• Check for Recalls using your vehicle identification number (VIN).
• Get the Fix by calling your local dealer; it will be repaired for free.
• Sign Up for Recall Alerts about any future recall affecting your vehicle.
What do I do if my vehicle has been recalled?
Take action. We know how busy life can get, but if you get a recall notice, try to get your car fixed as soon as you can. Call your local, authorized dealer to set up an appointment. They’ll be able to work directly with the manufacturer — it should be as simple a process for you as possible.
Will I have to pay to have my recalled car fixed?
By law, you won’t have to pay for repairs if the recall is announced 10 years or less after the date of the car’s original purchase date, according to the NHTSA. But even if your car is older than that, your safety is still worth every penny when paying for the repairs yourself.
What to do if you’re injured in an accident caused by a vehicle recall in Tampa Bay
Whether you may be liable or a car manufacturer is negligent in a recall-related auto accident, consider hiring an attorney. Although many drivers can resolve car accident insurance claims without legal help, a recall complicates matters. An experienced personal injury attorney familiar with handling cases like yours can help protect your interests in any claim or lawsuit required.
Contact Darrigo & Diaz, Tampa personal injury lawyers today
Call 813-774-3341 for a free consultation
If you have been seriously injured in an accident in Tampa that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another person or a vehicle recall, you are likely experiencing pain, anger, and confusion about what to do next. This is where the Tampa personal injury lawyers at Darrigo & Diaz can help.
For over two decades, Darrigo & Diaz has helped thousands of accident victims and their families in the greater Tampa Bay community. Led by Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney Nadine Diaz, our experienced Tampa personal injury lawyers provide trusted, personalized legal guidance, designed to get you results. We are an esteemed member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, and we have over 250 5-Star Google Reviews attesting to our ability to meet and exceed client expectations.
We offer FREE, no-obligation consultations, and you do not have to pay for anything unless we secure a financial settlement for you. Learn more about our services by calling our Tampa personal injury lawyers today at 813-774-3341.
And, if you prefer to not come into our office, you don’t have to! As Tampa’s e-firm, we offer potential and existing clients the option to meet with us and hire us electronically. Call 813-774-3341 to learn more.