How you can help local Tampa Bay businesses during COVID-19 and beyond
Posted By Darrigo & Diaz
Supporting small businesses across Tampa Bay is more important than ever
Anyone who has ever met a small business owner knows how much time, effort and passion goes into running a business.
The uphill battle that small businesses and their owners face has gotten exponentially more difficult due to the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Across Tampa Bay, small businesses have been thrown into confusion and hardship as orders and events are cancelled, foot traffic disappears, and people tighten their budgets and remain at home. Even as some Tampa Bay businesses have begun to reopen, the future remains uncertain.
Why you should support local and small businesses in Tampa Bay
As a small business owner ourselves, Darrigo & Diaz knows how important it is to support local businesses and organizations in our Tampa Bay community. Here are some of the top reasons to support local businesses.
- Local decision-making – Local ownership ensures that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
- Keeping dollars in the local economy – Compared to chain stores and corporations, locally owned businesses recycle a much larger share of their revenue back into the local economy, enriching the whole community.
- Job and wages – Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and, in some sectors, provide better wages and benefits than chains.
- Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- Competition – A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
What can you do to support local businesses in Tampa Bay now and in the future?
- Buy gift certificates – For the most part, sales of gift certificates go straight to a business’ bottom line, which is invaluable in a time of turmoil. Buying gift certificates from local businesses gives them the immediate revenue and allows you to cash in on the treat at a later date.
- Shop small businesses online – Many Tampa Bay businesses have an option to purchase their goods or services through their website, Facebook, via a phone call or through email. Online purchases are a great way to support local without leaving the comforts and safety of home.
- Give the gift of small business products – Small businesses tend to have unique products and services that cannot be found elsewhere. These make for great, thoughtful gifts.
- Leave a positive review (No spending required) – This is a great time to leave positive reviews of your favorite local businesses on Yelp, Google, Facebook, and other social media. Not only can it help drive traffic to these businesses, but the business owners and workers would probably appreciate the emotional support right now.
- Tell a friend (No spending required) – One of the absolute best ways to support a small business is to refer your family and friends. Research shows that consumers are more apt to try a new restaurant, shop at a new store, or seek the services of a new company if someone they know and trust recommends that business.
- Share on social (No spending required) – Follow, Like, Share, Comment and spread the news of your local businesses to all of your friends and followers! Did you get an incredible lunch delivered right to your door, or fantastic customer service from your local grocer? Give them a shout-out!
Small businesses in Tampa Bay need our support now more than ever
All of us are learning how to adjust to this period of time where things are unknown and in flux. After you’ve made sure that you’re taking care of yourself and your loved ones, consider implementing a few of these ideas to help support small businesses in our Tampa Bay community.
Darrigo & Diaz, a locally owned law firm serving Tampa Bay since 1999
Darrigo & Diaz has been proudly serving the residents of Tampa and surrounding areas of Florida since 1999. During that time, we’ve had the pleasure of not only helping local individuals and families as they navigate the legal system, but also the pleasure of forging meaningful relationships with the community at large.
Since our inception, our firm has been deeply rooted in the community. Our families live here, our children attend school here, and our charitable support is steadfast in maintaining the quality of life that makes our people and neighborhoods so unique.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic is changing life as we know it. That’s why we have implemented remote services for new and existing clients.
We can review your case and consult with you free of charge via Skype, FaceTime, phone and email.
Set up your remote consultation now.